Wednesday, July 11, 2007

One Year Ago Today.

This time last year - give or take a few hours - we arrived in Paris to start our honeymoon. I've been pondering the idea of posting a picture per day, in celebration of a good trip.

I give you the first actual picture Mr. Squirrel took:
That is me, sitting in the courtyard of our Paris B&B, waiting to check in to our room. It may also be the last time I wore jeans in the entire trip, as it was already hitting 95F at noon.

Also, some days there might be two, because I'm a sucker for photos.
This is nearing the end of day one: the super-touristy restaurant right near the Eiffel Tower. I include this because just last week I realized that the lack of outdoor seating in bars and restaurants around here makes me sad. This was where we toasted the beginning of our trip (yes, with champagne) and ate something before wandering back to the B&B and collapsing. (Note: we had arrived at 7.30am that day. By 9pm, we were both knackered.)

2 comments:

luckybuzz said...

Yep, that looks like the start of a good vacation.

I'm down with the picture a day idea!

Margie said...

You know, though I've gone through them I haven't done it closely... this might also be a good time to put together an actual album.

Maybe one or two pictures a day (for the album) plus all the silly stuff I kept from the trip.

Hmmmm.