Monday, July 16, 2007

Lots of Random Stuff

  • Accomplished almost everything on earlier list. Due to issues with exercise bike, did not bike. Walked instead.
  • Some of my stress comes from the life of an adjunct, and I know this. Summers in particular can be a financial bitch. Since I have a good semester lined up in fall I've been less stressed than usual, but this was the pay period between summer sessions... which means no paycheck.
  • Er, must write dissertation, or I'll be doing this for another year guaranteed.
  • Despite money woes, we have settled on a trip in January. It will be easy if I teach 5 courses in fall, less easy but managable on 4 classes. Instead of Peru, we decided on Italy.
  • Yes, Italy is more expensive overall than Peru, but in winter it's really not bad.
  • It will be nicer in winter there than it is here.
  • Have I ever posted that we have the best landlords ever? We knew them before renting this place, and we trade off taking care of kitties when the other couple is traveling. Our cats - who are two picky ones and one slut - all love them, so we can leave without worry.
  • If anyone has tips for Rome or Florence (or Assisi or Siena or Pompeii) please share.

No comments: