Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I just emailed someone to explain my phone issue (which is: I can rarely talk on phone to people other than family. If my anxiety gets bad, phone use becomes essentially impossible.*)

At this point, I don't really care if people understand the phone issue, but in the current situation I felt a need to explain why I wasn't in phone contact.

(I figure people won't understand anyway, but thought I'd try.)

Went into the living room, very pleased with myself for sending said email. Informed Mr. Squirrel that I had been very honest about the issue, and hoped that people understood.

Mr. Squirrel responded with blank stare.

Hello! How can someone have lived with me for five years without realizing this? Or, apparently, without paying attention when I've talked about it at length?

*On edit: This is ongoing. I lost a really cool internship my junior year of undergrad - 15 years ago? - because they wanted me to cold-call news desks about events. I would sit there, phone in hand, and freak out. I've tried lots of things to get over this, and at this point it's only really bad when I'm already in massive anxiety mode.

2 comments:

luckybuzz said...

Dude.

Yet again, you and I share one big, anxious brain.

Margie said...

I would ask if you had tips for addressing this particular issue, but...

Well, I don't know how I'd use any of them!