Monday, July 30, 2007

End of Summer?

I can't believe summer is almost over. We have three class days left including tonight, and then I will have roughly two weeks off before Fall classes start. I'll be teaching five classes (four preps) at three different colleges.

Job listings for Fall 2008 started posting today. The run-up to Big Damn Conference is generally a mess of applications, stress, and more applications... and then waiting to hear if any interviews are forthcoming. I had hoped to have the dissertation completely finished - if not defended - when applications went out this year. It isn't, but it could be, still.

(Then why am I sitting here blogging instead of typing, eh?)

Later, same day: I did do some more work on the dissertation -- not much, but some. Some is better than none. I also did an hour on the exercise bike (yes, a whole hour!) and walked a mile with Mr. Squirrel. Now I trot off to class and get some more shit done while they watch a film.

Go me.

1 comment:

Artistic Soul said...

Ah, don't say it! Back to school, new job postings...these things give me hives just thinking about them.