Monday, July 23, 2007

Ah, Monday.

Because of the timing for our summer session, I have 4-day weekends right now. They're great, but damn if Monday isn't even worse than usual. Today I need goals, or I will get nothing done.
  • 11am - bike: 30mins. - I have been out of the habit since my change in schedule two weeks ago. Must get back into habit.
  • 1pm - work on dissertation: 30mins. - I know it's not much, but see above about "habit." ETA: why is this so hard to do? Seriously, I cannot seem to make myself open the file and work on it, even for 30min. Have decided to have a bit more coffee, take a shower, and start the day over.
  • re-read articles for course (1/2 done)
  • go into office at 5pm
  • grade three papers - must not fall behind on these - added office time because it's easier to grade there.
Things I've done that weren't on the list:
  • One load of laundry (I really needed to do that).
  • Cleaned stovetop.
  • Drafted odd email begging for scheduling change.
  • Cleaned balcony (see below).
I was intending to go into the office for the dissertation work, but I think I'm going to clean up the balcony a bit (sometime between 11.30 - 1!) and start working out there. My father is passing along last year's laptop to me, so I'll finally have something with battery life.

ETA #2: Okay, I'm fucked. I decided to put everything together for dinner because... well, because I didn't want to be angry at Mr. Squirrel, later, for not remembering to make something. I figured I would shower afterward, but as I was beginning to cook a friend of Mr. Squirrel's dropped by.

At times, this guy will stay for HOURS. He's already been here an hour, and I WANT HIM TO LEAVE. I can't take a shower while he's here, as the set-up of our flat doesn't allow for much privacy in cases like this. (It's private enough that I could shower, but... I'd basically have to take all my clothes into the bathroom and dress in a cloud of steam afterward.) Why Mr. Squirrel hasn't realized this and at least taken this guy into another room or out on the front balcony is beyond me.

I'm in a fucking horrible mood, now.

No comments: