Thursday, August 16, 2007

It's official...

I'm now teaching at a school that I would not have been accepted to, out of high school. Uh, and if I had been accepted, I couldn't have paid for it.

Huh.

Also, why does my MIL keep sending me Christian Patriotic Crap*? When I told her to stop sending me this stuff, she apparently took it to mean just the virulently anti-Muslim emails that she was forwarding.

Sigh. Back to Snopes we go.

*ETA: By this, I mean those emails that end with "...so get the hell out of our country if you're not white/Christian/working-class/whatever. LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!" They also usually include some (false) reference to "I heard Robin Williams/George Carlin say this last week" and this last one had a really badly-sung version of "The Star-Spangled Banner" embedded in it.

No comments: