Sunday, August 26, 2007

It all starts again tomorrow. I've spent the last week rethinking my syllabi, scanning articles, and generally staring at my closet wondering "what still fits?" Today I must go photocopy things and hope that I come up with a great idea for my one remaining syllabus issue.

I have a tiny golem statue that sits at the base of my monitor. He's supposed to be a writing good-luck charm (in my head alone, I mean. I've never heard people referring to the golem for that purpose, but come on). Yesterday, due solely to the massive humidity, golem kept coming unstuck and falling over. Now, while I obviously do blame it on the weather, there's something unsettling about golem trying to get OFF my computer all day.

Was he trying to run amok? Are my syllabi still in danger>

1 comment:

Gospel Bob said...

Oh, I too read into things like that and then fight the feeling after with logic. But really, totems need sick days too.