Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Day The Last

Usually I'd end this with a very cute picture of the two of us. Instead, a you get a photo of the (very small!) castle we stayed in to end the trip.

So, here ends the picture-a-day, a year later. Overall, it was a good trip, and going through the photos has been fun (and useful, as I'm trying to do an album).

Tonight I give a final; yesterday I started pasting together syllabi for next semester.

This morning I got an email from my advisor that made me stop and say "you're kidding me, right?" before deciding to ignore it completely.

2 comments:

luckybuzz said...

Oooh--I like the castle.

And I'm completely intrigued by the advisor email...

Margie said...

I liked the castle, too. :)

As for the email, let's just say she's ignoring the fact that I never got feedback from her on the first two chapters.

Not in an "I sent it and you didn't get it way," nor in a "you didn't send the chapters," way, but in a "let's have coffee sometime and chat, if that will help" way.

The response I didn't send: Uh, no. That won't help. If you really wanted to help, you could have sent feedback sometime in the last year, after one of my many emails begging you do to so. As I've now failed in my attempt to replace you on my committee, could we just go on as we have for the last six months (i.e., you not emailing me or acknowledging my existence)? Thank you.