Sunday, August 26, 2007

Bullets O' Random Updates

  • Yes, I was right that there's a reason my mentor is pushing me to finish.
  • "Chocolate Cherry" hair color? Rocks.
  • I feel sooooo much hotter when my hair is freshly colored. It's as though I'm some tough chick who could eat you for breakfast and then teach for 3 hours.
  • (Above is good, as I have 3 hours of teaching tomorrow morning.)
  • Update at BPAL tonight, people. Heads up.
  • Our annual department party went well. Convinced super-cool professor that he should be on my committee. Have been trying to do that for... more than 2 years?

6 comments:

luckybuzz said...

Yep, I know exactly what you mean about the fresh hair color thing. Makes me feel a million times better.

But what's up with the first thing here...?

Margie said...

Somewhere in a comment this (?) week I said my mentor has been pushing me to finish the diss., and it seemed more "focused" than usual (or something like that).

Just found out that the line they asked for this year is "my" line. As in, for all the courses I teach.

They don't hire ABD, though.

Artistic Soul said...

I was just chatting about hair again last night...I keep saying I'm going to dye it purple at some point (just the tips, not all of it) but I'm too chicken to do it, especially right before students show up. Maybe next summer.

Artistic Soul said...

Oh, and...gah! Get done if that's the case!!!!

Gospel Bob said...

Well first, it is hard to imagine you or L.B. not looking hot, regardless of your hair....and second, chin up and crack out that dissertation! Obviously they love you, that is great news!

Margie said...

Purple tips are cool, AS. I'm doing the black tips again as soon as I have the time or energy!

I'll find out in... 4 days? if they got the line or not.

GB, random compliments are *always* appreciated. :)