Friday, December 1, 2006

Bullets of Crap, end-of-semester version

  • Since we got the new bed, I've been sleeping like crazy. Seriously, like crazy: I don't wake up in the middle of the night, and I sleep at least eight hours. I know the exercise is also contributing to the new sleep pattern, but the bed has made a huge difference. Today, however, we crossed into "too much sleep." I went to bed around midnight, and woke up at 11:30am. Why? It's not as though my body is catching up on sleep. And if I'm fighting off a cold or something, I'm doing an excellent job -- I don't feel at all ill.
  • What on earth do I call my husband on this new blog? I was thinking "Mr. Squirrel," - and I think I used "the squirrel household" in an earlier post - but we are not the squirrels of the blog title (we don't scream very much). The obvious answer is that if I'm Margie - for reasons that I'm already unclear on - he is Bill... but that makes no sense, either.
  • One week left in the semester. Everyone else is looking forward to the end of the semester, but for me it means going back to full-time work. I only have four classes next semester - still trying to get a fifth - but it will mean five-day workweeks again.

1 comment:

luckybuzz said...

Yeah, I was going to ask about the Margie thing too. Huh. Not what I expected. :)

But hooray on the sleeping! And sometimes you just have to oversleep. It's a thing. I do it too often, but I think occasionally it's totally normal.

(Note: I will take every opportunity to rationalize oversleeping.)