Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Last night was my last class of the semester. Or, at least, the last class of mine this semester -- I agreed to guest lecture in Mr. Squirrel's class tonight while he leaves for his job interview.

I forgot last night was the last class. How lame is that? They've generally been a very good class, and I didn't say a word to them about the semester overall. May have to write a nice email, encouraging them to continue what they're doing. Two of the six ended up being slackers, but the other four were always prepared and very into the readings.

So, tonight, I go into a three-hour night class with absolutely nothing prepared to say. Even though that's okay - the alternative was cancelling the class - I still have a little wobbly feeling in my stomach.

It doesn't help that it's snowing, and that I don't have my snow tires on the car, and that it's a 45 minute drive on icy roads... Ack!

2 comments:

luckybuzz said...

I'm sure you'll kick ass...though I *TOTALLY* hear you on the driving-in-ice anxiety. This will be my first time driving in snow and ice in...holy crap, 14 years. Yikes. So, these "snow tires" are a thing people do?

Good luck--hope the class goes well and the drive is uneventful!

Margie said...

If you don't have the snow tires yet, get some. Way better than sliding around without them... with mine on, I've tried to make my car slide, and failed.

(Seriously -- at the dealership they took me out in the back lot and I practiced slamming on the brakes, on ice, at 40mph. The car just stopped, no problem. That was with the snow tires on, though.)