Friday, December 8, 2006

Well, the exam wasn't the most thrilling thing in my life, but it went okay. Good thing, because I'm going to have to have them far more frequently: every two years, at this point.

They found three polyps - two large, one small - and are doing biopsies on the large ones.

Oh, I was on "low" sedation, at my request, so I remember all of it. And it did hurt a bit, but nothing horribly bad. After they snipped the first one, the doctor looked over at me and said "did you hear the ticking?" As I started wondering if I the was the only one on the wacky-inducers, he finishes with "'cause that was a time bomb, that one was."

Joy. (For those of you unaware of this, large polyps often become cancerous. Size really does matter, in this case, which is why people with family histories of them need more frequent procedures.)

I should find out next week about the results. I'm not overly worried... either it's cancer, or it's not. If it is, I'll starting worrying then. I don't imagine my father will be pleased, though. He was finishing his PhD in this very city when he was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 32.

4 comments:

luckybuzz said...

Glad it wasn't too horrible--and I'm sending good thoughts for your results.

Artistic Soul said...

Yikes! That would totally stress me out. I hate doctors, and cancer, and anything related to doctors and cancer! Gah!

Margie said...

Weird, isn't it, that I'm not overly freaked out? I mean, I can totally lose it over completely imagined diseases (and do so with some regularity), but give me a 50/50 shot on colon cancer and I'm more worried about other things.

comebacknikki said...

I hope everything turns out for the best. (((o)))