Saturday, December 16, 2006

We're about to be late for a cookie party.

Okay, I understand - in theory - the cookie party, but I really don't think I like them. Basically we're going to someone's house, bringing both cookies and drinks, and leaving by 5pm. What kind of drinks does one bring to a late afternoon party that couldn't be provided by the host? Is it really so difficult to stock up on coffee and soda these days? Hell, I might drink beer that early, but do others?

I'm in a snarky mood, in case you couldn't tell.

(Getting closer to leaving): Seriously, who came up with this idea, and when? I thought that if you were having a party it was generally because you wanted to have a party... if you really just want your guests to bring all the food and drinks, why not have everyone meet for lunch somewhere? It's certainly less annoying.

2 comments:

luckybuzz said...

Oh, I do NOT understand the late afternoon party. I seriously think you should just go ahead and get hammered and eat all the cookies. It'll serve 'em right.

BrightStar (B*) said...

The late afternoon cookie party I attended last weekend was pretty lame, too. The party planners willingly admitted this. :) I enjoyed the people individually, but as a group thing, it didn't really work.