Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Spring!

After last week's snowstorm, even Mr. Squirrel was starting to wonder if Spring would ever come. This weekend and into Monday, we hit the low 80's - this, less than a week after the snowstorm - and today has settled into sunny low 60's. It's Spring, thank gosh.

With more sun and warmer weather, I feel like I can make some strides toward exercise and improved diet*. Once again I'm cutting out beer (this seems to work for a week, and then I slide for a week or two) and trying to get daily cardio exercise. My goal is to go with the cardio for two solid weeks, and then try to add strength training back in. I still can't find anything that counts as "strength training" that I'll do reliably, so it's always more difficult for me than cardio.

Does yoga count as strength training? Obviously it's great for muscle tone, but does that count?

*As I've said before, "diet" for me essentially means "no beer." There's not a lot to fix, otherwise. I rarely eat sugar, I don't drink soda, and we make most (if not all) of our meals at home. My body has a low tolerance for packaged-type foods, so most everything is fresh.