Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Oh dear.

You know when you have those evenings with friends where you all drink too much, and lots of stuff is shared, and it brings you closer?

K. I had that night tonight, except that:

a) it wasn't with my friends
b) I think I was the only one not tipsy (and how often does that happen?)
c) I didn't share, nor was I tempted
d) I don't feel closer to anyone. I more felt a need to bathe when I got home.

Seriously, it was sort of weird. I'm sitting here with my cat, who has been very cuddly tonight for no apparent reason other than that I need a cuddly cat. Er, and she usually refuses to be all cute and fluffy on demand. As is fitting for a cat.

I also failed the "no beer" thing today, although I only had one out at dinner. Am thinking several more were probably in order.

Oh, also? Sent my paper away yesterday, and have not heard back from the other panel members... even in a "we got it" way. Usually emails are responded to immediately. Now I'm wondering if someone read it and said "hey, WTF is she talking about? This sucks! Can we get her off the panel this late?" I hate insecurity.

1 comment:

luckybuzz said...

One beer? That's some willpower. Hey, aren't you supposed to be drinking for me, too, now? :)