Monday, October 15, 2007

I turned in a rough draft of chapter three, today. I think it sucks, mostly.

One chapter left to rough out, and then I'm left with the joyful task of revising the whole thing.

I'm not as pissy about this as this post is sounding. I actually wasn't expecting to turn in a draft today, and I think that getting it in is generally good.

However, the last time I submitted a rough I got comments back like "this transition is horrible"... Hello? What does rough draft mean to you? If all my points were clear and my transitions were good, I would call that a finished version.

Le sigh.

Still, this means I can hammer away at this chapter for another two weeks and then move on. Chapter Four is actually supposed to be the easiest (!) and shouldn't take very long. I'll have a complete draft before any interviews take place this year, and should be set to defend in March.

Um... I haven't accomplished stuff for my classes, though. And I'm seriously considering having a beer or two, despite it being a weekday.

3 comments:

luckybuzz said...

Whoooooo! Chapter draft! Dude, I hate to enable, but that rocks, and you deserve a beer. :)

luckybuzz said...

I don't hate to enable, actually. :)

Artistic Soul said...

Awesome congrats on getting chapter three done, even if in rough form. Better to have something on paper than nothing -- and you get to chalk it up to progress!!