Thursday, October 4, 2007

Am unhappy with our cat. It's not quite 6am, and I have been up for 1/2 hour already. This was not intentional -- I was already prepared for class, and didn't need extra work time this morning. What I needed was six hours of sleep, not five. Well, really, I need eight, but that's not going to happen very often during the week.

Our cat decided that I really needed to be awake. She's done this before, and I just don't know where she learned the habit: she pokes at me with one paw until I wake up. If I move or try to go back to sleep, she keeps doing it.

Of course, she won't do this to Mr. Squirrel while he's sleeping -- just to me.

Some mornings I just don't get it: I don't understand how anyone teaches early morning classes* or how some professors never miss class. If I didn't have to go in today for other reasons, I'd be really close to canceling. Five hours of not-very-good sleep is not enough for me to function.

Goals were accomplished, yesterday. I have a full draft of the paper, and could finish it entirely today if I can stay awake after class. I went over chapter three, and I seem to be missing some parts I thought were written. I assume they're somewhere, and I don't think they were very good in any case.

* This is not the first early morning class I've had, nor even the earliest. It is the furthest away I've had an early class, though, and that makes a difference.

1 comment:

Artistic Soul said...

Congrats on accomplishing your goals! Sucky about the sleep thing -- I also didn't get much sleep last night, but it was because partner was sleep talking and kicking me. I'd almost prefer a cat paw! lol.