Friday, March 30, 2007

Hello, Friday morning!

I'm this close to having a break. This close. Next weekend is *gasp* a five-day weekend, followed by day of showing a really cool TV show in class. So that's really six days off, I tell ya. In a row.

I just accepted my fifth class for next semester. Is that crazed? I've been teaching the 4/4 load for awhile, and I've taught all these before but one... and it will mean a good money semester, because two of the classes are well paid.

Honestly? I realized that if I took this one-night-a-week course, I could pay back a lot of credit card debt next semester, and even have the occasional dinner out.

Fall is also an easier semester in some ways, because the date for Thanksgiving break is set in stone (unlike Spring break). Rather than having a day off here, and a day off there (here a day, there a day, everywhere a day day?) it's a single vacation period for all schools... er, much like Easter, I guess. Except, longer. I know many schools have a shorter "fall break" as well, about halfway through the semester, but for some reason it's always not on days when I teach.

Anyway, wish me luck on the rescheduling I'm shooting for... I'm trying to get two of my classes scheduled for MW, which would mean a pretty intense four-day schedule, but no Friday class.

No comments: