Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Mood: bad to evil

Why can moods change on a dime? I was feeling pretty good about today in general - prepared for my night class, a bit behind on grading but close to being caught up, well-rested - and suddenly I'm just feeling... evil. Like, in such a bad mood that I could happily throw and break things.

Part of it is that I can't work out my TV components, which is just plain silly. Months ago, Mr. Squirrel tried to "fix something" by rearranging the cords between the DVR, DVD, VCR and TV. Ever since then, the whole system has been messed up, but it's such a pain in the ass to get behind the TV that I haven't bothered to fix it. Now, when I really wanted to copy something from the DVR to a VHS tape for class, I can't. And I spent 1/2 hour trying to crawl over, around, and under things to fix it, and it didn't help.

Arrrrrrggghhhhhh!!!

Other than that, things are just fine, I guess. I still have to write a paper for a rapidly approaching conference, and straighten out my funding for it (so that I can actually go!)... and I have a book review to write by Friday that I keep meaning to start...

Sigh. I think the lack of a "real" Spring Break makes things worse. I certainly could have used a full week off, I tell you.

Later, update: mood improving. May need more coffee.

Though I'm disappointed that nothing interesting came in the mail, today, I'm feeling slightly better after a shower and some Hollywood Babylon ("glittering Egyptian amber and heliotrope, infused with the sweetness of strawberry and vanilla - dragged into debauch by lusty red musk and a dribble of black cherry"). It's sweet, but not sticky-sweet.

Have made a 4-day To Do List, which looks utterly horrible but can probably be accomplished. I have stopped trying to grade more than 10-15 papers in one sitting, so there are multiple "grade papers" periods throughout these four days.

I may let my class out early tonight. I keep saying this - I've said it every night this semester - but I really may do it this time.

2 comments:

luckybuzz said...

I hate it when those bad moods come out of nowhere. Hope the coffee worked for you. Maybe you just need a new scent? :)

Artistic Soul said...

10-15? I can't grade more than 5 in one sitting. I often have many bullet points on my to-do list that say "grade 5 papers". This also makes me feel very accomplished when I check off a lot of them. :)

On the tech stuff - my partner does the same thing. I come home and things are all tinkered around and I can't figure out how to work stuff. Once I gripe at him about it, he can usually fix it though.