Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Bullets of updates.

  • I am close to finishing chapter three of the dissertation. However, the motivation is seeping away again, and I really need to push through.
  • This week is Spring Break at one of the three schools where I teach. This is good, because I have MWF completely off. It is bad, because I really don't want to teach my Tu/Th night classes. Then again, I never really want to, and they're always fine.
  • After I finish chapter three, I will probably have to approach the re-structuring issue of the dissertation. I think it might be a good idea to edit chapter one next, and struggle with the structure issue while I do that. I also have to catch up on some newer texts to start/finish chapter four, so it's a good time to start editing. I think.
  • No job news yet. Seriously: no bad job news, just none at all. I got a letter from a job I'd written off months ago, saying that they apologized for the length of the search, but that they were still in process.
  • It's not that I'm crazy-busy, but I'm fairly busy and fighting off the depression thing. I'm sure Spring will help... in fact, the slowly lengthening daylight is already helping. DST is March 11th, people...
  • Oh, and with the night teaching: I've been trying to make the hour-long drives as entertaining as possible, but I still get pissy when I have to leave for class. I need attitude adjustment, I really do.

2 comments:

Artistic Soul said...

Woo-hoo on progress!! I have night classes this semester too and the fact that I leave when it's already dark to teach them is a big downer. This week it was still light out when I left, so I'm starting to feel better about them. Hope this helps you as well!

luckybuzz said...

Yeah, whooohooo for almost-chapter-three! My one night class this semester gets me down too...but I'm happy about the earlier DST.

And if you find a good attitude adjustment method, let me know...