Wednesday, January 30, 2008

  • One of my goals for today is a return to the exercise bike. This was supposed to happen about 20 minutes ago, but the batteries (which control the tension settings) are dead. Since I'm obviously not going out into the suddenly-20-degree weather until absolutely necessary, the bike will have to wait until this afternoon.
  • I got on the scale for the first time in awhile, assuming that I would have gained back most of the weight I lost at the end of last year. Oddly enough, I haven't: I'm at the same weight I was at before the conference in November (and before a holiday season of much drinking). I think the lesson, here, is that maintaining my weight isn't going to be a major issue -- once I lose it, it stays off.
  • I'm still worried about my class, despite seeing interested looks on most faces and having already had some good feedback about the structure. I know that nervousness is normal during the first week of a class, but I'm having to resort to a "one day at a time" type of mantra. In this, I constantly assure myself that I can end class early and the world will not screech to a halt; that - if necessary - I have plenty of discussion starters; that I can always have them free-write if things go totally south. None of this is stopping the dread that creeps up before I have to leave for class...

1 comment:

Artistic Soul said...

Yeah, that weight thing seems to work for me too -- once it goes, it's gone...until something breaks it and I gain a bit, but it usually takes a couple years.