Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I should have known.

When a student adds a class late, finds out it's a seminar (surprise! It's listed as such!) and then comments "oh, good... I like to talk..."

Run, people. I should have. Actually, I should have grabbed the add slip, torn it into tiny pieces, and sprinted to my car.

Yes, indeed, you like to talk. Unfortunately, derogatory comments about gay and bisexual lifestyles do NOT count as "critical thought" about the article. No. No they don't. Also, interrupting discussion with "that's just wrong!" is not going to earn you participation points.

*le sigh* I have a feeling Friday is going to be "we need to talk after class" day.

On edit: Only half a page written today, and it's not even typed. Sometimes I prefer writing (really writing -- longhand) to typing, so it's not necessarily a bad thing... in fact, my entire MA thesis was written out on yellow legal pads.

No comments: