Thursday, January 17, 2008

Haven't blogged for quite awhile. Started a post yesterday, but tossed it for all kinds of reasons.

I've been rather sick the last week. Yes, it happens. Today is annoying me, however: I've been feeling better, yet hearing from multiple fronts that I "seem worse." For someone with anxiety disorder that's practically guaranteeing a stellar freak out, and I'm trying to stop that from happening.

The issue? I have a cough. No temperature, no sore throat, no headache. Not coughing up anything with odd colors or tastes (sorry to be graphic, but I've had pneumonia and bronchitis enough to know what to... look... for). For about two days it was a bad chest-type cough, but in the last two days it has eased up.

I think I need another couple days of rest, and many hot showers. My husband seems to think I should have gone to the doctor already -- this from a guy who hasn't been to a doctor in five years.

I can take nice, deep breaths without feeling the slightest need to cough. My sinuses are (now) completely clear, although I'm guessing that's where this started.

Am I not allowed to have a normal illness without it being doctor-worthy?

Please?

1 comment:

luckybuzz said...

"Seeming worse" when actually getting better from a cough is totally normal. If you're coughing up anything at all, you're doing great. It's when you're all impacted and nothing is moving (but you probably seem okay to other people) that you're at risk for pneumonia. Or so I've been told.

If you're feeling better, you're probably getting better. Does that help at all? :)

(Oh, and feel better soon...)