Wednesday, November 22, 2006

An explanation.

I'm almost financially okay.

As of this morning, I've been approved for a loan that will - I think - see me through the end of summer. Well, it will if I:
  • teach at least four (preferably five) classes in Spring semester.
  • get at least one (preferably two) classes in summer session.
  • don't do (or drink, or eat) anything even remotely interesting.
Since I really have to finish writing the dissertation, point three shouldn't be too difficult.

Now, an explanation of the move here...

This weekend was job-centered. Not so much because I was interviewing or came anywhere close to getting a job, but because there were other people around me doing those things (note sarcasm).

Thinking about my CV, I realized there was a possibility of someone tracing me to my blog. It would take some effort and maybe even a bit of luck, but it certainly could have happened. I've erased that particular issue from the CV, and checked that no one from the towns/colleges have been visiting, but it still seemed like a better idea to be a little more careful.

While I'm fairly sure that someone could track me from this blog to my actual self, I'd rather that the reverse wasn't possible.

1 comment:

Artistic Soul said...

That makes sense. I actually purge my blog every month just to be on the safe side.