Saturday, November 25, 2006

Cats!

My cat, Winter, sleeps on my head. Because she's only 4 or 5 pounds, this doesn't bother me... it's much like having a fuzzy little hat for cold nights.

Last night, Little Guy - the middle child - decided to do the same thing. Little Guy weighs closer to 12 pounds, and is impossible to move.

Cory, our eldest, ended up in the crook of my knees.

When I got up at 8am, I looked back and saw half a bed with Sasha (sleeping soundly), and half a bed with 3 cats. I'm not even sure how I fit into the little space the cats had left me. They won't sleep on Sasha because he tosses them off in his sleep... apparently I don't toss with enough vigor.

Usually Winter follows me out of bed, waits somewhat patiently while I make coffee, and then curls up in my lap while I do morning-computer-stuff. Today, she looked up blearily when I moved (my head) and promptly relocated to the center of my pillow. Almost two hours later, she's still there. Cat loyalty fades when the temperature drops below freezing, I think.

1 comment:

luckybuzz said...

True, in my experience too--once it starts getting colder, the cats are *all* about just taking your warm space in bed. It's comforting, in its own way. :)