Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Well, school started back up today... at least, half of it did. I have two night classes, each about 45 min. from home, that start next week. Four classes, three colleges: welcome back to Land of the Adjunct.

I think I got two hours of sleep last night. I was in bed by 2am, but I couldn't fall asleep... by 6am I wrote the whole thing off as a bad idea, and got up to fuck with my syllabus some more.

I'm sharing an office this semester (boo!) and unfortunately one of the other adjuncts was there all morning. He doesn't seem to like me, or the new coffee pot I brought in. He'll probably really hate it when I bring a plant in. One of the other adjuncts seems to have permanently claimed one the two desks, which simply doesn't fly with me. Her stuff was spread all over it (and has been since I stuck my head in at the end of last semester. Same stuff). I cleaned up, and neatly put all her papers in one pile at the corner of the desk. I will do this over and over again, if necessary.

Mr. Squirrel is in the final four for one of his jobs. It is not quite the place I wanted to live, but it's certainly not horrible. I believe he'll find out more on Friday.

No comments: