Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A quick poll.

How long does it take you to get out the door in the morning, and why?

Lately, I've needed almost two full hours, and it's got nothing to do with dress, makeup, or hair. I generally know what I'm wearing the night before (it's not laid out or anything, but it's in my head) and makeup has become a 2-minute thing since the Iredale happened. Hair? Pbbbt. (See previous post about feeling ugly and needing haircut.)

Anyway, even if I'm doing "dress-up," it takes maybe 20 minutes to get ready.

The rest of the time? Coffee, email, computer... general waking up crap. I need to cut that down, people. I've become so used to my morning routine that it's beyond routine and into albatross-land.

Goals for tomorrow:
  • up at 7:30, leave here at 8:45 - still working on this.
  • another paragraph of dissertation
  • attend 4pm workshop
  • whore self out to new department
No, the workshop is *not* on whoring, and I get a free dinner from it.

Hmmm....

1 comment:

luckybuzz said...

Okay, third try leaving a comment here...my internet issues are really screwing up my online social life.

I'm with you on this: 20 minutes to get ready, an hour and a half of coffee and internet before I want to leave the house or speak. It's unfortunate. But I do love my morning ritual....(Though, yeah, it could be a *little* shorter...)