Wednesday, September 26, 2007

With some trepidation, I post my to-do list.

- grade 10 exams for Class A
- check papers for Class B
- reread texts for Class A and take a few swipes at lecture for tomorrow

- revise ch. 2: pg. 1
- read over notes for conference paper

I've settled in somewhat to my semester, but it's now (already!) the end of Week Five. Work-of-my-own has not yet materialized. Am still eying egg timers, but they seem too expensive.

Itty bitty steps, people.

ETA: I try to stay on campus between my classes and this weekly meeting we have, but with getting up so early (yes, 6am is early for me) I'm always exhausted by mid-afternoon. The last several weeks I've ended up falling asleep in my office. If I came home, I'd have (max) two hours before driving back, and the drive isn't short. This is why I stay.

This is also why I have my own work listed up there.

However, I have a hard time getting past the "tired as all hell" part to the "work" part.

ETA #2: Wow. Yesterday was sucky. I did manage to get quite a bit of work done on the conference paper (which overlaps with the dissertation, so that's doubly useful and sorta counts).
However, I had a rather disappointing meeting at school that sent me into a spiral of depression and outright sobbing last night. I finally have realized (again?) that revising ch. 2 is less important than writing chs. 3 & 4. Fuck revisions, at this point.

No comments: