Wednesday, May 30, 2007

And the job goes on.

Summer classes started yesterday. Thankfully, I am only teaching one per session this year -- last summer I had two classes in Six-Week I. Then again, Six-Week II was spent trotting around Europe on my honeymoon, so the extra work in SWI was worth it.

The class I'm currently teaching is an intro., related to a class I've taught for the last two years as a seminar. This means far, far more lecture, and far, far less discussion. The really good thing about it is that I have in-between level of this course next semester (not 100 level, but not 400 level either!) at my "new" school. I will be far better prepared for that than I am now.

The bad is that I'm more nervous about this class, as it's outside my field of specialty. The last two weeks will be far more on-task, for me, but right now I'm rereading books and scribbling notes for lectures. Mr. Squirrel is doing the same thing - teaching a class he's not taught before - so our household is a little tense. It's not horrible, but it's also not as conducive, so far, to dissertation-editing as I'd hoped.

1 comment:

Artistic Soul said...

New preps (or even significant revamps) are always a little stressful - and more so when it's such a short time to do it in! Good luck!!